Wednesday, October 14, 2009

to draw and not to draw

G doesn't draw at home.  He tells me what to draw.  Occasionally he will color big messes and we tape them up on the wall to admire.  And admire them I do, but I also long to see his awkward and misproportioned self portraits, houses with no doors and mile-high pink roofs and cowboys riding spaceships.  So how excited was I when his teacher showed us a lovely circle, an "X" and a square that he drew all by himself at school?  Very!  Now I am left to wonder how to get him to draw shapes at home...

Maybe I need to go on a drawing strike myself.  Do it wrong or don't do it at all.  He says "Right here, cat, Mama" and I shake my head or draw a football instead.  Probably he's too clever for these tricks.  I'll have to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
blogger template by arcane palette