Monday, November 23, 2009

twinkle twinkle robot

Not only is G surprising me by singing all the words to Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star all on his own and on his own agenda, he is also surprising me by carrying a tune and improvising to create new and more 4 year old boy friendly versions of the song.  I am such a proud Mama!  First- that he can sing all the words.  That's huge for this little boy with APD who was only able to mimic the "to you!" part of the Happy Birthday song for years.  Second- that he knows the melody and can actually sing quite nicely!  I never knew that before.  He often did monotone versions of songs we sing together or broke the words apart and overemphasized syllables to make a sort of rap version.  Third- he's got a great imagination and he knows how to put it to use!

The latest version of he song tonight went like this:  Twinkle, twinkle Robot.  Twinkle twinkle Roooobot.  How I wonder what you aaaare.  Twinkle twinkle robot in the sky; how I wonder what you are.  I thought it was quite charming, including, the "Good job, robot song." at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
blogger template by arcane palette